Project will achieve the main aim through several specific objectives:
- to prepare regional drought monitoring, analysis, early warning products,
- to assess regional vulnerability to drought impacts,
- to promote and strengthen the capacity for drought preparedness, monitoring and management (training events, national seminars),
- to set-up Drought Management Centre for South East Europe,
- exchange of knowledge, experience and best practice on drought issues (SEE network),
- to enhance the implementation of the EU policies in the context of drought preparedness, monitoring and management, in particular in working out national drought strategies,
- to raise awareness of decision maker, relevant stakeholders and end users about importance of effective drought preparedness, monitoring and management.